My Weightloss Progress in Numbers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Before Photos

I have always loved making memories with my camera. Although, never happy with the resulting photo! I have torn and thrown out most of my full-body photos, but I have kept some in the last couple of years thinking I would like a record of what I looked like before the lapand. Yep, fingers crossed and hopeful to succeed... I am working hard at the moment and it hasn't even been a month yet, so I'm scared that I won't succeed. If I fail this, then there really is no other option.. This is why I am scared.

Anyhow... I have travelled a lot in Turkey, and I was there again just late November in 2009. So almost all of the photos you see below are taken in Turkey. I hope to be able to make prettier memories out of photos including me in them in the not so distant future.

Looking at the photos it seems that my weight has been fluctuating between approximately 135 kg - 149 kg. Now my height is only around 163-164 cm. I had my first lapband appointment at 148+ kg, and went into surgery at 143 kg.

I will have my weigh-in and my first fill tomorrow.. well, technically today! :)

Anywho, the photos! Please note: I don't wear black for religious or cultural reasons. I love colours, but I believe that they don't suit me. It's something to do with my weight. I feel as though when I wear colourful clothing, I will be more visible, weight and all! FYI :)

Here goes...


Ewww... That's the first thing that comes to my mind when I see this photo of myself. I was very tempted to delete this from my hardware, but wanted to save it just so I could look back and see the difference.. I hope! This photo was taken back in 2008 in my Istanbul home, and I weighed approximately 138 kg.


Again, taken in 2008. Galippoli/Turkey. This was taken at the Troy site.
Weight approximately 135 kg.


2008, Troy, Galippoli/Turkey. Picturing hubby and I. 
Weight approximately 135 kg.


2008, Galippoli/Turkey. Weight approximately 135 kg.
You can just imagine how much I hate this photo. It disgusts me.


2008, The Bosphorus, Istanbul/Turkey.
Weight approximately 135 kg.


Early 2009, Melbourne/Australia. Weight approximately 149 kg. 
I had a stall at a festival. I can't imagine why I would pose with an ice-cream in my hand? I would not have done it if I was conscious about the fact that I was getting a photo taken. :) I normally do not do that!


November 2009, Istanbul/Turkey. You can see the Blue Mosque (Sultan Ahmet Camii) and the Bosphorus in the background.
Weight approximately 148 kg


November 2009, Istanbul/Turkey. You can see the Blue Mosque (Sultan Ahmet Camii) in the background.
Weight approximately 148 kg



November 2009, Istanbul/Turkey. By the way, my friend is 5 months pregnant!!!
Weight approximately 148 kg



December 2009, Melbourne/Australia. At a friend's wedding.
Weight approximately 146 kg.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh cool - I just realised your back - I followed your blog last year when you started it. Will definately follow your journey now :-)

I love your photos - your jumping one is great! You are going to be splashing yourself in all sorts of colours soon when your confidence grows :-)

Hijabi Lapster said...

thanks banditblossum, I always look at your blog for inspiration.. and now you are pregnant! I'm so happy for you. :)